Wednesday, March 8, 2017

Remembering Paris: The Travel Series?

"Parc à Paris," oil, 16"h x 12"w, ©2017 Jill Banks

"Parc à Paris" was started plein air on a cold, cold, cold day in the park behind Notre Dame.  I finally took it out to finish those thoughts this past week. Another little painting today called "The Travelers" completes three Parisian scenes in a week. Paris in March. Before and now.

"The Travelers," oil, 6"h x 6"w, ©2017 Jill Banks
I thought of calling "The Travelers" -- "Pit Stop."  Only temporarily.

See more like "The Travelers" and "Parc à Paris" in the Places Gallery on my website.

And to show you there is plenty of juxtaposition in my paintings/life ... while I'm longingly painting The Travel Series with my own bad case of wanderlust ... two of my interiors will be heading off soon to ArtSpace Herndon for the "There's No Place Like Home" juried Great Falls Studios exhibit.

"Baby, It's Cold Outside," oil, 24"h x 18"w, ©2015 Jill Banks
"There's No Place Like Home" Exhibit at ArtSpace Herndon
See "Persimmons in the Kitchen" and "Baby, It's Cold Outside" will be on view at ArtSpace Herndon 750 Center Street, Herndon, VA from March 14 to April 8, 2017.  Get more info on that exhibit here. An awards and opening reception is on Sunday, March 19, 3-5pm.  Husband Randy will be in attendance since I'll be teaching my last -- extended -- portrait class of the Winter session that day. That old problem of not being able to be in two places at a time. And speaking of classes...

Spring Classes are Open For Registration

Classes are taught through the Arts of Great Falls School at 756 Walker Road, Great Falls, VA.  Spring class listings including Evening Paint, Plein Air Landscape and Still Life Plus are on my web site.  It's a little confusing with listings still up there on current classes and upcoming ones ... but dig a little and I bet you'll figure it out. Have any questions, please email me at jill@jillbanks.com.  See my listing of all classes here: https://jillbanks.com/workshops

Now might be a good time to register. Make sure there's a spot for you this Spring. Unexpectedly (but happily), my Spring classes were listed on the FineArtViews newsletter that is received by a LOT of artists.
 

Two Art Fairs Officially on the Calendar for 2017 
Acceptances have started to roll in ... Hope you'll mark your calendars.
May 20-21: Northern Virginia Fine Art Festival, Reston, VA
June 2-4: Rittenhouse Square Fine Art Festival, Philadelphia, PA

Thank you for reading and your support... Hope to see you soon!

Jill

Best in Show -- BoldBrush Painting Competition September 2016 for "Daily Special" -- Hip Hooray! More info here.

Finalist, January 2017 Sedona Art Prize for "Scene at the Bar."
Here's the page with the 12 Top Paintings for January 2017 selected by artist Robert Burridge: http://www.sedonaartprize.com/about-sedona-art-prize/finalist-paintings/finalist-paintings-january-2017
and then travel around the site from there.


Blog: For my latest news and works, visit or subscribe to my blog Life as an Artist at jillbanks.blogspot.com




  

(Please like that page if you like it...)






No comments: