Wednesday, September 21, 2016

"Hare's Apples" Still Life Demo

"Hare's Apples," oil, 16"h x 12"w, ©2016 Jill Banks
Yesterday's Still Life Plus class started with a demo ... and offered another case of a rabbit appearance. See more of my still life paintings on my web site: www.jillbanks.com.

The photo isn't great. After a very full day of teaching or getting ready for yesterday's class, I'm moving at a tortoise's pace at the moment. (Kind of like being stuck in a fairy tale?) But ... I'll be ready for the start of plein air class tomorrow. I'm really looking forward to a Fall full of adventure.

This weekend I'll be at the Armonk 55th Annual Outdoor Art Show in Armonk, NY.  I hope to see you there.  Any encouragement you could give to others to attend would be GREATLY appreciated. It's a wonderful show I had the privilege of being a part of two years ago and in each new venue, it takes awhile to build up a fan base. You can help!  Armonk is near Greenwich CT -- pulling collectors from Connecticut, New Jersey and New York.

HOPE TO SEE YOU SOON! 


Jill Banks
www.JillBanks.com

Lots of Art Events and News
Right around the bend...

September 9-October 24: "Island Life" Exhibition of work by artists juried to paint in the inaugural Long Beach Island Plein Air competition, Long Beach Island Foundation, Loveladies, NJ.
September 17-18: King Street Art Festival, Alexandria, VA
September 24-25: Armonk 55th Annual Outdoor Art Show, Armonk, NY
September 30-October 29: Oil Painters of America Salon Show, Castle Gallery of Fine Art, Fort Wayne, Indiana. "Janssen's Market" selected for this prestigious show.
Sunday, October 2: McLean MPA Artfest, McLean Community Park, McLean, VA

October 14-16: Great Falls Annual Studio Tour, Great Falls, VA
 
Blog: For my latest news and works, visit or subscribe to my blog Life as an Artist at jillbanks.blogspot.com
(Please like that page if you like it...)

No comments: