Thursday, May 5, 2016

First Friday Art Walk at the Atelier - May 6, A-RTS @ Rockville Town Square - May 7 & 8

"Moon Glow" -- painted plein air in the Great Falls Village Centre. Oil, 16"h x 12"w, ©2015 Jill Banks. This painting will be in my studio during the First Friday Art Walk.

Friday to Sunday -- Art.
Sure hope you can come!

FIRST FRIDAY ART WALK IN THE VILLAGE
Friday, May 6, 6-9pm
Join us for our 1st First Friday Art Walk in the Village at the Great Falls Village Centre.
27 artists in three locations PLUS a reception for the Great Falls Studios "Small Gems" exhibit located in the Arts of Great Falls Gallery.

Get more info on the First Friday Art Walk here.

I'll be in my studio at the Artists' Atelier, 756 Walker Road, Great Falls, VA 22033. Come make an art-filled evening of it!

A-RTS @ ROCKVILLE TOWN SQUARE, May 7 & 8

May 7, 11am-6pm & May 8, 11am-5pm

Link for more info on A-RTS @ Rockville Town Square
 
I'll be setting up my booth in the Rockville Town Square in Rockville, MD.

Meet me at Booth #211 -- on East Middle Lane in Rockville ... almost across address from Gordon Biersch (Their address is 200 E Middle Lane, Unit A, Rockville, MD 20850).

160 Master Artists (That's What They Said)
Walk the streets of downtown Rockville as it is transformed into a brilliant spring outdoor art gallery highlighting the industry’s best local, regional and national artists. See the industry’s best in glass, ceramics, jewelry, painting, photography, sculpture, woodwork and more.


So, here's what I think you'll find in my booth this weekend (I create a mock-up of the layout each show).
I've included seven of my framed 6"x6"s in the booth display. Browse those online here.
 For Rockville ... IF the rain stays away, I'll have use of three walls inside the tent and one out. Fingers crossed.

I hope to see you soon ... in Great Falls or Rockville. You'd make my day!

Plein Air Class Today
The weather forecast called for chilly weather and rain for day three of my plein air class.  All week I've been looking around and racking my brain for a place that would allow some shelter for students from both cold and precipitation ... plus restrooms etc. My solution was to invite the class to my house where some painted interiors, some painted exteriors looking out an open door, one used my studio and one braved the outdoor under the deck view. It proved to be fun for me and fun for them. I would appreciate some sunny Thursdays, though, for the rest of the session.

I did miss out on taking photos of the day.


UPCOMING EVENTS
May 6: First Friday Art Walk, 6-9pm, Artists' Atelier, 756 Walker Road, Great Falls, VA
May 7-8: A-RTS@Rockville Town Square, Outdoor Juried Arts Festival, Rockville, MD. Booth #211
May 13-15: Art on the Square - Belleville, IL, Outdoor Juried Fine Art Festival (Ranked #1 by Art Fair Sourcebook), Belleville, IL
June 3-5: Rittenhouse Square 89th Annual Spring Original Art Show, Philadelphia, PA. Official arts demonstrator: Saturday, June 4, 1pm. Free painting demonstration.
July 9-10: Wickford Fine Art Festival, Wickford Historic Village in North Kingstowne, RI.
September 24-25: Armonk 55th Annual Outdoor Art Show, Armonk, NY

Thanks for reading!

Jill

Phone: 703.403.7435
Email: jill@jillbanks.com
Web:
www.JillBanks.com

Blog: jillbanks.blogspot.com

No comments: