Sunday, January 10, 2016

"The Hunt" Continues

Okay. Winter is just starting and for some reason I'm thinking about Spring.
"The Hunt" work in progress Day 3, oil, 30"h x 24"w, ©2016 Jill Banks

Two bunnies. Tulips and daisies. Eggs. Easter-egg-colored macarons.

Hmmm.

This set up, concocted solely by me -- has been a bear to paint.

And there's certainly more to do. I've loved watching the yellow tulips minute-by-minute contortions. Probably next time I see them they'll have wandered their way into the next room.

I will definitely be toning down all my additive propensities while concocting set ups for the first day of my Still Life Plus and Evening Paint classes on Tuesday, January 12.

Student Exhibition
The Annual Student Exhibition for the Arts of Great Falls School is coming up. If you've taken classes from me or others at the Arts of Great Falls School in 2015 -- I hope you'll submit work for the gallery. Annual Student Art Show January 16-30th in the Gallery at 756 Walker Road, Great Falls, VA-- Opening and Awards Reception, January 16th 6:30-8:30pm click here for details for submissions, exhibit hours, etc.

Classes Start This Week
My Tuesday Evening Paint class that starts on January 12 is the only one of the three offered with room for additional students (although each student will get extra guidance with a slightly smaller class size). Still, send me an email if you'd like to join last minute. I'll do what I can to help. Classes are taught at the Great Falls School of Art in Great Falls, VA. See below for links to classes.

Thanks for reading!



Jill

Phone: 703.403.7435
Email: jill@jillbanks.com
Web:
www.JillBanks.com
Blog: jillbanks.blogspot.com
 

See the Events page for more info/updates


Winter classes are up on my web site. Take a look!  I'll be teaching a Portrait Painting/Drawing class this January (full with wait list) on
Sunday afternoons, Still Life Plus (Personal Painting Projects on Tuesdays - 10:30am to 1:30pm  (Class Full with wait list) and Evening Paint on Tuesday nights - 6:30 to 9:30pm (still room!)through the Arts of Great Falls School in Great Falls, VA. Classes are filling. I hope you'll sign up soon and start the New Year 2016 off right -- with art.

No comments: