Saturday, September 13, 2008

Art at the Mill Delivery


Among other things, I delivered my Art at the Mill Show paintings at the Burwell-Morgan Mill in Millwood, VA today. Fellow artist, Adrienne Kralick kindly drove -- so I could enjoy the scenery and take photos along the way. Anyway, I reported earlier that I had my best results yet in acceptances into the show. I had received a postcard that said that three of my entries were accepted, and one was placed on reserve. This one, "Reclining Nude," 11"h x 14"w, oil on linen -- had a check mark (meaning it was accepted) on the postcard (that I didn't bring with me). Yet, the records at Art at the Mill had an "x" by it -- meaning it was rejected. So, ultimately I left three other paintings and packed this one back in the car.

I could have tried to be more persistent, but I was actually just as happy to take it back home with me and exhibit it in the Atelier for the Studio Tour.

The Art at the Mill show runs October 4-19. The show is open Sunday through Friday, 12-5pm, and Saturday, 10am-6pm. There is an Artists' Reception, Sunday, October 12, 2 to 5pm.

The work in this particular show impressed me more than in previous shows. Adrienne and I also stopped in at the Aldie Mill show -- one I haven't entered yet. Both shows are worth taking an enjoyable drive to go and check out.

No comments: