Saturday, September 20, 2008

Fresh Paint: Ellie's Done!


Yesterday I put some final touches on a painting of Ellie. Ellie, daughter of fellow Atelier artist and friend, Brenda Drake, posed for both my summer class and for our Atelier live modeling sessions. Ellie's back at school -- and my work yesterday was finishing up one of her hands and playing around with the skirt -- the kinds of tasks that seem to be okay to do from a photo.
Thanks, Ellie, for being an inspiring model. (Love Mom's clothes, too.)
"Summer Sitting," oil on Senso linen canvas, 24"h x 20"w, copyright Jill Banks 2008.

If you're new to this blog, be sure to read some older posts. Click on Older Posts at the bottom of each page.

Other updates:
My portrait class at Great Falls School of Art (being held in the Atelier, Tuesdays, 1:30-4:30) has one slot left -- but starts this coming Tuesday. If you want to sign up, call me: (703) 403-7435 or email me: jillbanks1@aol.com right away! My mom's the model for the first session. Should be fun!

I'm teaching at Loudoun Academy of the Arts on Tuesday nights. Four more weeks left in this session. I will be teaching the next session (November, December) there as well. Sign up!

The Great Falls Studio Tour is fast approaching. I have great booklets and pamphlets to hand or send out. This is a fantastic event. Don't miss it. I'll put more info about it in tomorrow's post. Mark your calendars though. October 17, evening party at the Atelier as a kick-off. October 18 and 19, Studio Tour days.

No comments: