Friday, September 26, 2008

New in the Studio


The Artists' Atelier has been a bustling place, lately. On Wednesday, my Dad came in and set up a beautiful new still life for me to paint ... so I've been working on it there for the past three days. Here's a picture of my painting after two days of work. A second photo shows more of the work that's on view in my space.


Friend and fellow artist, Adrienne Kralick had her first day of class, "Painting in Oils from Photos You Love" that was just finishing up in the Great Falls Foundation for the Arts Gallery (right next to my studio space) when I popped in. Plus, other studio mates (Jennifer Duncan, Brenda Drake and Mollie Vardell) were in, plus visitors. It seems that holding classes there, although this is supposed to be temporary, offers a new energy to the place.

My Dad's sunflowers helped, too.

Work in progress, oil on linen, 30" x 30", copyright Jill Banks 2008.

No comments: