Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Super Model Sarah


My daughter, Sarah, modeled for my portrait painting class (that I teach through the Great Falls Foundation for the Arts) today. I had a chance to paint her in the morning class. What a great experience!

It was also fun to see each students' interpretation of my daughter. Everyone caught some aspect of who she is.

Close-up of sketch of Sarah. 20"h x 16"w, oil on linen (Senso canvas), copyright Jill Banks 2008.

More images from class: Mehrnaz Moussavi putting the final touches on her painting of Sarah (whew! she was painting at top speed!); Diane Falconer with her painting; Shanaz Asasi with hers.

I will be teaching again in the Fall, classes once a week for eight weeks. More details coming soon on my classes and others offered through the Great Falls School of Art. I have thoroughly enjoyed teaching and witnessing the joy of discovery from a different perspective. Please email me (jillbanks1@aol.com) if you would like to be added to my list of prospective students.




No comments: