Saturday, August 30, 2008

Chasen Galleries


Today, I visited Chasen Galleries for the second time this week after I chose them -- and they chose me -- to represent them in their Richmond, Virginia and Charlotte, North Carolina galleries. What a great place this is! Andrew, Marc and Deborah -- the people that make the gallery tick -- clearly know and appreciate art.

They already have sold a painting of mine, "After the Party" -- a still life.

Chasen's web site has a great section on their artists. I'm not on there yet -- but imagine I will be soon.

Why did I choose this gallery to represent my work? I was on the Internet and came across the gallery. Their web site is terrific and exuded professionalism, a love of art, and an openness that was refreshing. See their page on artist submissions and you'll understand what I mean.

I thought the artwork was terrific, across the board, which rarely if ever happens. I also thought my artwork fit well with the mix represented. My visit there today reinforced that opinion.

Chasen Galleries also represents Elaine Elinsky and Trisha Adams. See their work on the Artists page of the galleries' site. Great company I keep!

Photos: Chasen Galleries in Richmond; "Food and Games," 16"h x 20"w, oil (contact the Richmond gallery for more info.)

Chasen Galleries of Fine Art - Richmond, Virginia
3554 West Cary Street
Richmond, Virginia 23221
art@chasengalleries.com
800-524-2736 (US)
804-204-1048 (International)

Chasen Galleries of Fine Art - Charlotte, North Carolina
2850 Selwyn Avenue
Charlotte, North Carolina 28209
704-376-0066 phone
Gallery Director: Elaine DeBerry

No comments: