Monday, September 14, 2015

"Row A Boat" Flashback to Madrid

"Row A Boat," oil, 16"h x 12"w, ©2015 Jill Banks (Parque de El Retiro, Madrid)
I view a rather large portion of my daily life ... as a favorite time. A discussion yesterday with my Dad and brother, hanging out in the hospital room was about restaurants. They asked one of the hospital techs for her favorite restaurant. She named five. Then five more. That would be me ...  just the subject would be different.

A trip to Madrid this past Spring was full of favorite moments. Early in our visit there I painted in Parque de Retiro -- sitting right up to the fence surrounding the lake, capturing the moment in a side-saddle like position. (Okay, that part wasn't so fun.)

I painted this scene minus the blue boats from that sitting -- knowing this extremely popular spot required plenty of people, boats, activity to be present in any art depicting it.  So I spent another really great day at my easel. At home. Remembering boats passing by.

Thanks for all who came to last Saturday's reception for my "Along the Way' solo show at the Great Falls Library. For those who missed it, time flies. Catch it before the end of September ... but in case your visit is planned for September 19 & 20, come see me instead at the King Street Art Festival (those days) in Old Town Alexandria. Click the links below for more details.

Thanks for reading!
Jill

Phone: 703.403.7435
Email: jill@jillbanks.com
Web:
www.JillBanks.com
Blog: jillbanks.blogspot.com


September 1-30: "Along the Way" Solo Show, Great Falls Library, 9830 Georgetown Pike, Great Falls, VA. Reception: Saturday, September 12, 6:30 to 8:30pm at the Great Falls Library AND the Artists' Atelier, 756 Walker Road, Great Falls, VA
September 19-20: Alexandria King Street Festival, Old Town Alexandria, VA
October 4:  McLean MPA Artfest, McLean Central Park, McLean, VA
October 16-18:  Great Falls Annual Studio Tour, (I'll be at the Artists' Atelier, 756 Walker Road, Great Falls, VA 22066). Self-guided tour of the home or group studios of 50-60 Great Falls artists.
December 3-6: One Of A Kind Show & Sale, Merchandise Mart, Chicago, IL

No comments: