Sunday, May 6, 2012

Thanks for Coming to "Out & About"

The opening reception for my "Out & About" Solo Exhibit at Katie's Coffee at the Old Brogue was met with a steady stream of very nice people ... familiar and some unfamiliar but welcome faces. It was a fun day ... and I enjoyed sharing stories about this special selection of paintings.

Unusually, my Mom and Dad came ten minutes after the start of the reception. Had my Mom been there, the three young ladies who thought they could pass through the room where my paintings hung to enter the other side of the restaurant ... would have been stopped in their tracks and introduced to her daughter's (my) paintings lining the walls.

It was fun. I'm extremely lucky to have found people who have followed my work, love it, own it or would like to own it or help me in whatever way they can. That means so much to me.

During the reception, I was talking non-stop. When it's busy, there's no thought about cameras or capturing the action. Oh well. I promise that people were there.

The great thing about having an exhibit here, is that many, many, many people see it all month long, morning to night.  "Out & About" -- my opinion -- looks its very best when the sun's gone down and the paintings just glow.

Thank you to all who came this afternoon. If you haven't made it in there yet, I hope you get the chance to come take a good look.

I will be painting somewhere in the Brogue on Wednesday, May 9 and Wednesday, May 23  ... and perhaps more. Times will be posted here ... hopefully, by tomorrow night.


Exhibits and Events

May 1-31, "Out and About" Solo Show, Katie's Coffee at the Old Brogue, 760-C Walker Road, Great Falls, VA. Reception: Sunday, May 6, 2-5pm.  Preview the exhibit here.
 
May 15-19, Wayne Plein Air Festival 2012, one of 34 artists juried to participate in a plein air competition and exhibit in and around Wayne, PA. Gala Preview and Artists' Reception, Saturday, May 19, 6-10pm at the Wayne Art Center. Exhibition to follow May 20-June 23 at the Wayne Art Center. 

Web: www.jillbanks.com
 Blog: jillbanks.blogspot.com
100 Faces in 100 Days Project

Email
Phone: 703.403.7435

No comments: