Friday, July 10, 2009

Drawings and Figures Added to My Web Site



Last night, I played webmaster and added a page of Drawings and Figures to my website: www.jillbanks.com, plus continued to adjust the show preview page to get it to appear in AOL's old desktop browser. (It does now.) Take a look. Currently, the Still Life part of the gallery is the only page that's not showing up. I'm definitely dealing with some not-so-logical technology quirks.

I've been wanting to add a Drawings and Figures category for some time ... just couldn't find the time. I limited how complicated that page is to program ... so no closeups are offered, just because if I spend too much time programming, I can't keep my price for those offerings down. Prices start as low as $195 for a framed original. Later, I'll add more info about some of the media I use: red chalk, ink washes/pen & ink, watercolor washes and charcoal.

My recent acceptance into the Salmagundi Art Club's Annual Exhibition was the last bit of prompting I needed. Only 16 drawings total were accepted into the show and two of them were mine. That seemed like quite an honor. The Salmagundi Club is an esteemed art club housed in a New York City brownstone. It was established in the 1870s and Randy and I ate dinner in the dining room after the Awards ceremony and closing reception. We were surrounded by drop-dead gorgeous paintings by past and present members of the club. It reminded me (not that I needed reminding) just how wonderful it is to live life surrounded by inspiring art.

My portrait painting demo in the Great Falls Library is tomorrow, 1-4pm. 9830 Georgetown Pike, Great Falls, VA 22066. I'll be creating an oil sketch of Michelle, my son Sam's girlfriend. Please rsvp via email to me: jillbanks1@aol.com if you'd like to join the party.

"Oscar", charcoal, copyright Jill Banks 2008. "Oscar" was one of my two drawings juried into Salmagundi's Annual Exhibition.

Web: www.jillbanks.com
Blog: jillbanks.blogspot.com
Email: jillbanks1@aol.com
Phone: 703.403.7435

No comments: