Sunday, March 20, 2016

"St. Patrick's Day" Almost Done

"Saint Patrick's Day," oil, 12"h x 16"w,©2016 Jill Banks. Started at my easel behind the Old Brogue on guess what day?
I'm running quite a few steps behind ... blog-wise. This has been a jam-packed, fun week of painting including yesterday's treat of capturing thirteen-year-old ballerina Anna for my free demo at the Great Falls School of Art. More on that tomorrow or the next. (See what I mean about being behind?)

On St. Paddy's Day, I parked my easel behind the Old Brogue Irish Pub -- capturing on canvas -- the party. It was lots of fun for me, the guys I was painting, and all the visitors who stopped by to talk and enjoy. I'd do it again, for sure!

There may be more to come about this tale and the painting may just get some more tweaks. We'll see. In any case, soon I plan to put it up in the Snuggery/Katie's Coffee for all to enjoy before my "Witness: Close Encounters of the Painting Kind" solo exhibition comes down on March 31. (Make sure you see it before then.) Katie's Coffee is located at 760 Walker Road, Great Falls, VA.

See the Events page for more info/updates



March 1-31: "Witness" Solo Exhibit, Katie's Coffee at the Old Brogue, 760-C Walker Road, Great Falls, VA. View the exhibit online here. See Six Cool Ways to Visit the Exhibit ... Here

April 23-24: Fairfax Corner Fine Art Festival, Fairfax, VA

May 7-8: A-RTS@Rockville Town Square, Outdoor Juried Arts Festival, Rockville, MD

May 13-15: Art on the Square - Belleville, IL, Outdoor Juried Fine Art Festival (Ranked #1 by Art Fair Sourcebook), Belleville, IL

June 26-July 3: Paint with Me in Italy this Summer! : Plein air workshop in the Piemonte wine region. Find out more about this wonderful trip. I hope you can join me!


And...
Sign up Now for Spring 2016 Classes Taught through the Great Falls School of Art in Great Falls, VA
Painting the Plein Air Landscape: Thursdays, 9:30am to 1:30pm starting April 21.
Still Life Plus: Tuesdays, 10:30am to 1:30pm starting April 5. ( first class only: demo starting at 9am)
Evening Paint: Tuesdays, 6:30 to 9:30pm starting April 5.  
Get more info on my Classes page.

Thanks for reading!
Jill

Phone: 703.403.7435
Email: jill@jillbanks.com
Web:
www.JillBanks.com

Blog: jillbanks.blogspot.com

P.S.
Calling All Artists interested in Brushing Up on Their Portrait Painting Skills
Lea Colie Wight Portrait Workshop: April 1-3, 2016, 9:30am to 4:30pm each day

One of Lea Colie Wight's portraits
Sometimes you need a little nudge. A Portrait Society of America winner and Studio Incamminati instructor, Lea Colie Wight, will be conducting a special portrait workshop at the Great Falls School of Art over three days, April 1 to 3. She's an outstanding artist and patient, thorough teacher. Once upon a time, I attended essentially a portrait/figure painting workshop in Philadelphia at Studio Incamminati and Lea was a favorite instructor who really helped propel my art forward. Here's a link for more info and to register.  I hope you'll take advantage of this opportunity and sign up. Find out more about Lea on her web site: leawight.com

No comments: