Wednesday, June 18, 2014

"Swan Lake" Painting from Columbia

"Swan Lake," oil, 8"h x 10"w, ©Jill Banks 2014
There's much to write but no time to do so. I promise to get back into the swing of things shortly. Just not yet.

The Columbia Festival of Arts weekend was stressful, grueling. Yet, the people I met were great, appreciative of my art... and me, the music was wonderful and I had the prettiest spot in the place to perch my tent. "Swan Lake" was my view. Paddleboats. Swans and pirate ships. Nice restaurants. About as idyllic a place as you can imagine.

Best news, I did have a chance to paint.

Our beautiful home is being readied for sale as we move onto write a different chapter. I'm slightly reluctant. I cannot imagine any place as gorgeous as this home, this neighborhood and its surrounds. Home base will stay local -- keeping near to so many of my neat collectors, friends, fellow artists ... but free to do lots of traveling, discovering, exploring.

Although I love this home, I'm looking forward to what is ahead, too. In case you know someone in the market for a remarkable house in Virginia, please pass it on. (A link to the listing will come tomorrow.) I know just what art would be perfect for it. (Really.)

I'm in charge of open hours at the Artists' Atelier this Saturday, June 21, noon to 4pm at 1144 Walker Road, Suite G, Great Falls, VA. Stop by and say hi!

Coming Up
  • June 26-29: Paint the Shenandoah Plein Air Paintout, Sperryville, VA and vicinity
  • July 4, 5, 6: Amagansett Fine Art Festival, Amagansett, New York (just east of East Hampton)
  • July 12 & 13: the 52nd Wickford Art Festival, Wickford, RI. Over 200 artists from New England, US and beyond.
  • July 19 & 20: the 41st Annual Westport Fine Art Festival, Westport, CT.
  • Aug. 16-Oct. 12: Paint the Shenandoah Exhibition, River District Arts, Sperryville, VA
  • Aug. 23-24: Shadyside: The Art Festival on Walnut Street, Pittsburgh, PA
  • September 20 & 21: Armonk Outdoor Art Show, Armonk, New York
  • October 5: McLean MPA Artfest, Sunday, October 5, McLean, VA. 52 artists in McLean Central Park
  • Oct. 17-19: Great Falls Annual Studio Tour, Artists’ Atelier, 1144 Walker Road, Suite G, Great Falls, VA
  • Ongoing: Visit the studio I share with 14 other artists at the Artists’ Atelier, Great Falls, VA open Wed. and Sat., 12- 4pm
  • Jan.-Feb. 2015: Solo Exhibit, ArtSpace Herndon, Herndon, VA
  • See the Events page for more info/updates
Thanks for reading,

Jill

Phone: 703.403.7435
Email:
jill@jillbanks.com
Web:
www.JillBanks.com
Blog: jillbanks.blogspot.com
Subscribe to my Email Newsletter:
News from the Easel (This link takes you to the subscription page.)


Paint with Me in Italy: August 3 to 10, 2014. For more info, itinerary and links to register, see the classes page on my web site. Great folks are signing up to join me on this wonderful adventure. I hope you can, too!  


No comments: