Sunday, August 12, 2012

"Ride 'Em Cowgirl" Painting in Progress

"Ride 'Em Cowgirl" work in progress, oil, 30"h x 24"w, ©Jill Banks 2012
Last night, we "raided" my Mom and Dad's condo for gems for today's still life demo. Mom has an extensive doll collection ... and has been sending me photos from her iPhone of potential still life subjects to bring to the Torpedo Factory studio. Hunger sped up the decision-making process, but that was just as well. I think this is a winner.

Calling today a demo is a stretch. The Torpedo Factory is far enough away from my supporters to bring too many to Alexandria. Two of my 100 Faces showed up which was great! People enjoyed watching from the window and some did occupy the chairs for a little while. And, I have a few regular fans just from my August stay so far who visited on and off. A family from Burke did watch as I was just getting started, then were stunned after visiting other studios for ten minutes ... that the painting was already emerging. That was fun.

And, I enjoyed creating this from a blank canvas. Tomorrow, continuing on with "Ride 'Em Cowgirl" will be the project of the day. Spokes.

My photo is not too great ... must have been in too big a hurry at quitting time.

See the Still Life gallery on my web site for more.

Web: www.jillbanks.com
Blog: jillbanks.blogspot.com
100 Faces in 100 Days Project
Email
Phone: 703.403.7435

Events and Exhibits

August, Visiting Resident Studio Artist, Torpedo Factory, 105 N. Union St., Alexandria, VA, Studio #333. See regular hours/days, reception, demo dates on the events page on my web site. 
Still life painting demo: Sunday, August 12, 1 to 5pm
Portrait painting demos: August 19 and August 26, 1 to 5pm.
I'll be in my studio:
Mondays, 10am-5pm
Thursdays, 2-9pm
Friday, noon-6pm
Saturdays, noon to 6pm
Sundays, noon to 6pm
Other events/times will be listed on my event page on my new web site. I hope to see you there!

July 7- August 31, Artists' Atelier, "Water, Water, Everywhere" group exhibit, 1144 Walker Road, Suite G, Great Falls, VA.  Open Saturdays, noon - 4pm. 


Sunday, October 14, MPA Artfest Outdoor Juried Arts Festival, McLean Central Park, McLean, VA

Saturday and Sunday, October 20&21, Great Falls Annual Studio Tour, 10am-5pm, visit artists in their studios throughout Great Falls on a self-guided tour. I’ll be at the Artists’ Atelier, 1144 Walker Road, Suite G, Great Falls, VA 22066

No comments: