Friday, November 25, 2011

The Kitchen The Morning After...

"Turkey Soup," oil, 20"h x 16"w, ©Jill Banks 2011
... Thanksgiving.

This year's Thanksgiving was a little different this year. Daughter-in-law Michelle lent her Food Sciences skills yesterday making the world's greatest homemade apple pie ... and then for the first time, the turkey carcass didn't go home with my sister-in-law. I never make soup after Thanksgiving. I quit the kitchen after the big day each year. But, Michelle had Turkey Noodle Soup making in her plans for today.

And, I'm suffering from nesting instincts myself. Thinking of ways to bring a new shine around the house. I decided to do it with paint ... today ... as my version of "Turkey Soup."

I hope you all had a great Thanksgiving!

Exhibits and Events
Richeson 75 Animals, Birds and Wildlife Online Exhibition, November 7- December 15, 2011. "Pretty Girl Hen" was selected as one of 75 finalists viewable online at www.richeson75.com/wildlife/index.html and in a full-color catalog.

The Art League "Small Works" Exhibit, 105 N. Union Street, Alexandria, VA. "Kiwi" and "Ostrich and Polka Dots" are on view November 9-December 5. Both of them won Honorable Mentions this month!

To read more about the 100 Faces in 100 Days project on my web site (www.jillbanks.com), go to the 100 Faces Project Pages 1 and 2 where you can see all 100 of my volunteers. Click on the paintings, and go to my blog post for that person's sitting.

Web: www.jillbanks.com
Blog: jillbanks.blogspot.com
100 Faces in 100 Days Project Page 1 (faces 1-54): www.jillbanks.com/jillbanks/100_Faces_in_100_Days_Project.html
100 Faces in 100 Days Project Page 2 (faces 55-100): www.jillbanks.com/jillbanks/100_Faces_in_100_Days_Project_2.html
Email

No comments: