Saturday, July 9, 2011

Portabello Road Market Painting Start Today

"The Olive Seller" work in progress, oil on linen, 18"h x 24"w, Jill Banks 2011
One of my favorite adventures during our recent London trip was visiting the Portabello Road Market. It was the biggest, noisiest, most varied market I've ever been to -- and that was just what I loved most about it. Everything ... and it seemed like everyone ... was there.

This is just a big, sloppy start to "The Olive Seller." I was putting paint on there a la my plein air session yesterday. Olives are a favorite food. They're right up there with pickles.

What I like (already) about this one are the diagonals, the spoons and cards identifying each variety in the foreground.

See more in my market series on my web site: www.jillbanks.com, go to the gallery page and click on Market Series. Or click here to go directly to the market series gallery.

Tomorrow morning I head down to Alexandria to paint the waterfront. I imagine I'll have a few to show you tomorrow night. And, I imagine they'll be just as messy.

Time to clean my brushes and pack stuff up.

Web: www.jillbanks.com
Blog: jillbanks.blogspot.com
100 Faces in 100 Days Project: www.jillbanks.com/jillbanks/100_Faces_in_100_Days_Project.html
Email: jillbanks1@aol.com
Phone: 703.403.7435

No comments: