Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Paintings of Fruit Continued...

I spent the whole day painting fruit.



This afternoon ... I was buried in oranges, continuing on with "Arance, Oranges", a painting of a fruit market in Florence, Italy. Still more to go but when I finally needed a break from oranges I headed downstairs to work a bit on "An Apple Arrangement". In all, I've spent very little time on the latter, trying not to interfere with the official enrollees in Michela Mansuino's workshop (who work late) and keeping on track with my other projects. This particular painting shows just how abstractly I see ... and paint. I think in value (light and darks) and then color blocks, from large to increasingly smaller shapes. It's an interesting way to see the world.



"Arance, Orange" work in progress, 24"h x 36"w, oil on Senso linen, copyright Jill Banks 2009.
"An Apple Arrangement" work in progress, 24"h x 30"w, oil on Senso linen, copyright Jill Banks 2009.

Before Randy took me to dinner tonight he wiped off yellow, then green, then orange, then some red I'd managed to end up wearing.

Web: www.jillbanks.com
Blog: jillbanks.blogspot.com
Email: jillbanks1@aol.com
Phone: 703.403.7435

No comments: