|"Alba Market" work in progress, oil, 36"h x 48"w, ©Jill Banks 2014|
And true to being in the midst of settling into a new home, neither Randy nor I could locate a 30" x 40" canvas. So, this is one of the largest paintings I've created, ever ... in progress and bound to be that way for awhile. It even takes a long time to tone a canvas this size.
Back to School Fall classes start mid-September when I'll be teaching Still Life (8 sessions, Tuesdays, 9:30am to 12:30pm, September 16 to November 4, $325) and the Plein Air Landscape in Oils (6 sessions, Thursdays, 9:30am to 1:30pm, September 18 to October 30 -- no class October 16, $325). For more info, see my web site's classes page. Classes are taught through the Great Falls School of Art (Great Falls, VA). See my web site, Classes page for more info and a link to register.
The Alexandria King Street Art Festival, Alexandria, VA is Saturday and Sunday, September 12 & 13 where you'll find me along with about 199 other artistic folks set up with our work in tents. Come for a visit. (I'd love to see you!)
Events and Exhibits
- Aug. 16-Oct. 12: Paint the Shenandoah Exhibition, River District Arts, Sperryville, VA
- September 13 & 14: Alexandria (King Street) Art Festival, Alexandria, VA
- September 20 & 21: Armonk Outdoor Art Show, Armonk, New York
- October 5: McLean MPA Artfest, Sunday, October 5, McLean, VA. 52 artists in McLean Central Park
- Oct. 17-19: Great Falls Annual Studio Tour, Artists’ Atelier, 1144 Walker Road, Suite G, Great Falls, VA
- Ongoing: Visit the studio I share with 14 other artists at the Artists’ Atelier, Great Falls, VA open Wed. and Sat., 12- 4pm
- Jan.-Feb. 2015: Solo Exhibit, ArtSpace Herndon, Herndon, VA
- See the Events page for more info/updates
|"Delivery," oil, 8"h x 10"w, ©Jill Banks, private collection|
Subscribe to my Email Newsletter: News from the Easel (This link takes you to the subscription page.)